Thursday, July 19, 2012

Baby Food - Sweet Potatoes

I caught sweet potatoes on sale last week and decided to get some to make for Farrah.  I have to tell you this has been the easiest of any baby food I have made so far.  Here's what I did. 

What do you need?
  • An oven
  • A blender/food processor.  I use a Baby Bullet.
  • Storage containers
Ingredients:  Sweet Potatoes and Water

Step 1:  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Step 2:  Wash the sweet potatoes and prick several times with a fork.

Step 3:  Bake sweet potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes.

Step 4:  Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut in half.  Scoop out with a spoon.

Step 5:  Place the sweet potatoes and some water in your blender and blend until you reach the desired consistency.  I started with only a little water because all of the baby food I have made so far has needed little to no water.  Sweet potatoes are a different story.  I used about 2 cups of water.  I was batch cooking baby food that day and used the water left from cooking apples.

Step 6:  Pour your sweet potato puree in storage containers.

This picture is of everything I made that day. But, you can see the sweet potatoes I ended up with.
 I used 4 good sized sweet potatoes.  This yielded around 3 cups of puree which is about 8 Gerber 2nds sized servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment