Thursday, July 19, 2012

Baby Food - Apples

Apples are something I have made often for Farrah.  So, I decided to do a post on making apples.  I was batch cooking baby food and forgot to take many pictures of the apples!  Maybe next time I make them I will remember to take to pictures to add to this post!

What do you need? 
  • A pot with a lid
  • Blender/food processor.  I use a Baby Bullet.
  • Storage Containers
Ingredients:  Apples and Water

Step 1:  Wash, peel, core and chop your apples.  Sorry, I didn't take a picture of just the apples!

Step 2:  Place your chopped apples in a pot and cover with water.  Bring to a boil and boil covered for about 10 minutes, or until fork tender.

Step 3:  Blend your apples with a little of the cooking water (I used about 1/8 of a cup) until you reach your desired consistency.

Step 4:  Pour your apple puree or applesauce in storage containers.

This is everything I made that day.  You can see the apples in the tray on the left and the bullet containers on the right.


I used 5 Fuji apples.  This yielded around 2 cups of puree which is about 6 Gerber 2nds sized servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment