Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Being Baby Wise

After being home with Farrah for a few weeks and adjusting to life with very little sleep, I decided it was time to do some reading to help me figure out how to help Farrah get in a good routine and get the sleep she needed. For those of you that do not know me, I am completely clueless when it comes to babies. I have never really been around many babies. I am also a planner/scheduler who is a little OCD. So, I needed a plan! I was given the book On Becoming Baby Wise as a Christmas gift, so I decided to start with that.  Everyone kept telling me that Farrah had her days and nights mixed up.  I really feel that the book, On Becoming Baby Wise, helped me help Farrah figure this out.  On Becoming Baby Wise gives you a plan to follow to help your baby learn the difference between day and night.  The main goal of the book is to have a healthy, growing baby who sleeps through the night by 8 to 12 weeks.  Throughout this blog you will find posts that are my interpretation of the plan presented in the book and how I decided to implement it in our lives.  The title of those posts will begin with BW followed by the specific topic.

1 comment: