Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Third Month

Practicing My Smile
 The third month was full of new things and more sleep!  We took Farrah on her first big trip when she was 9 weeks old.  We went to Newport News, VA with a pit stop in Knoxville, TN.  See my post, First Big Trip, for more about our trip.  Farrah started smiling this month, and the smiling has not stopped!  She also found her hands and started holding things.  Toward the end of her third month I went back to work.  We had planned on sending her to daycare.  We visited the daycare we had picked out while I was on maternity leave.  After the visit, both Thomas and I could not picture our tiny 11 week old in daycare.   My Mom offered to keep her for us.  Which was such a blessing.  It has made it so much easier to go back to work knowing she was safe and being taken care of.  I do not know if my parents will ever know how much Thomas and I appreciate them keeping her.  I know it has not been easy for them and has made for some long nights, though they would never let on that it has.  They have a business in which they do all of the work.  My Dad has to do a lot on his own since my Mom has Farrah.  They also work after I pick her up in the evenings to catch up on what they could not do during the day.  I know they love spending time with Farrah, but they have had to make some sacrifices as well.  With that said, Farrah started going to Poppa and GiGi's this month, also!

Ready to go see Poppa and GiGi!
Farrah started sleeping through the night at 9 1/2 weeks.  What a welcomed milestone!  At this point, Farrah was eating on a combination 2 1/2 - 3 hour schedule.  She had a bottle at 8:00 PM and then went to bed.  I would wake her at 10:00 PM for one last feeding.  This was supposed to be her "dream feed", but I never was very successful at keeping her from waking all the way during this feeding.  During the second month, she had stopped waking to eat in the middle of the night.  The next big step was to cut out the 10:00 PM bottle.  I had not even thought about trying to cut out this feeding in fear that she would start waking to eat in the middle of the night again.  One night while we were in Newport News, VA, I fed Farrah at 8:00 PM and put her to bed.  I typically would stay up until her 10:00 PM feeding.  Well this particular night I accidentally fell asleep.  I woke in a panic scrambling for my phone to see what time it was.  It was 4:00 AM, and Farrah was still asleep!  So I decided to just go back to sleep and see if she would sleep until her first bottle which was usually between 6:00 AM and 6:30 AM.  Of course I figured as soon as I got back to sleep she would wake up, but she didn't.  She slept through the night!  So, that was the end of her 10:00 PM bottle, by accident.
March Madness with Daddy!

Happy St. Patrick's Day

GiGi got a hat for sitting by the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment